REQUEST FOR STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS C-FUND ROAD PAVING PROJECTS
Bamberg County is accepting statement of qualifications from qualified firms to provide professional services for an indefinite delivery timeframe in connections with the design and construction of various roads consisting of the following: paving dirt roads, reclaiming existing pavements, improving Stormwater drainage as necessary and all related items.
Projects will be funded with C-Funds from the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) when approved by the Bamberg County Transportation Committee and will incorporate all requirements pertinent to that program. Engineering services will also be funding through said funds, should it be awarded.
Scope of Services:
1. Consult and coordinate with Bamberg County throughout the design and construction process.
2. Prepare a proposed timetable and estimate for design, bidding and construction;
3. Obtain a topographic survey as well as right-of—way markers if present;
4. Provide sketches and documents for signature to be filed with the clerk of court for roadway or drainage easements as necessary for each property.
5. Prepare Plans, Specifications, Construction Documents and cost estimates
6. Provide the required/requested C-Fund Documentation to SCDOT.
7. Obtain the necessary permits (including but not limited to South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) and South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental (SCDHEC), as well as submitting final notices or other permit forms as required;
8. Administer the bid process and awarding of contracts in accordance with the South Carolina Procurement Code (SC Code of Laws Title 11, Chapter 35) http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t11c035.htm; and
9. Provide Construction Administration and Observation Services until the project is finally accepted by County and permitting agencies.
1. Name and address of firm, a brief list of references; name and qualifications of the proposed project managers, project engineers, and technical staff
2. A listing of all similar projects completed within the past five years, with emphasis on applicable projects completed in Bamberg County
3. A brief explanation on how the firm intends to complete projects in a timely manner
4. A brief description of the firms current and projected workload
Each responding firm must submit three (3) copies of their proposal. The Proposals must be submitted in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as follows: Proposal for Engineering Services for C-Fund Projects – Bamberg County.
Proposals will be received until 3:00 PM, November 19, 2021 at the Bamberg County Courthouse Annex, 1234 North St, Bamberg, South Carolina 29003. At that time the names of the responding firms will be publicly announced.
All questions that you may have should be addressed to Mr. Joey Preston, Administrator at Bamberg County, (803) 245-5191.
Bamberg County reserves the right to waive any informalities and/or technicalities or to reject any and all proposals that are in the best interest of the County. The selected firm will be expected to sign a “Standard Form of Agreement between Owner & Engineer for Professional Services” EJCDC E-500.
Bamberg County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped status in its programs or activities.