Minor Settlements

  • Settlements of money in the amount of $25,000.00 and over must be approved by Circuit Court.
  • Claims under $25,000 may be approved by either Circuit Court or Probate Court.
  • For claims under $2,500 settlement may occur without court approval.
  • A Conservator must be appointment by the Probate Court for all settelements over $10,000.
  • For more information about Minor Settlements view the Revised Minor Settlement Procedure.