THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS TO THOSE WHO APPLIED.
Bamberg County is currently accepting applications for Bamberg County Time Capsule Ambassadors, in conjunction with the upcoming dedication of the courthouse annex time capsule to be placed in July 2016.
The Bamberg County Time Capsule Ambassador Program is designed to recognize the importance of Bamberg County history and heritage and to encourage patriotism, community involvement, and education in our county's youth. Ambassadors should be between 5 and 15 years old. There are no specific directed duties or responsibilities.
The appointed Ambassadors are encouraged to:
1. Be present at the Time Capsule Interment Ceremony during the fall of 2016.
2. Remain aware of historical events in Bamberg County during the 50 year cycle of the Time Capsule interment.
3. Be present and participate at the Time Capsule dis-interment which is scheduled for July 2066.
4. Assist in the disposition/display of the items brought from the time capsule in 2066.
5. Participate in the selection of the items to be interred for another fifty year cycle beginning 2066.
6. Participate in the re-interment of the Time Capsule for another fifty year cycle beginning 2066.
The Ambassadors will nominate their replacement to the Time Capsule committee in 2066, for the next 50 year cycle. The Ambassadors will receive recognition collectively at the Fall 2016 internment and hopefully in the year 2066.
Applicant’s information will not be distributed, will not be made public, and will only be used for contact information and for placement in the time capsule. However, the Ambassadors’ individual names and likenesses may be distributed to the media, on the Bamberg County website, in press releases, and in captions for photos from the time capsule event.
Applications for the Bamberg County Time Capsule Ambassador Program must be received by Friday, June 10, 2016, for full consideration. The application is available online at Google Docs, a copy can be downloaded here, on the Bamberg County Facebook Page, or a copy may be picked up at Bamberg County Courthouse in the Administration Office.
For more information about the Bamberg County Time Capsule Ambassador Program, please contact Bamberg County Public Information Officer, at (803) 245-7959, ext 2 or email email@example.com