**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**
Bamberg County Voter Registration and Elections provides the following information regarding absentee voting applications and processes for the upcoming General Election on November 3, 2020. Please call the office with any questions: 803-245-3028.
Absentee Voting Information for the 2020 General Election on November 3, 2020:
1. The dates for absentee voting are October 5 – November 2, 2020.
2. In-person absentee voting is available at the Voter Registrations and Elections office at 1234 North St, Bamberg, on Mondays – Fridays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. from 10/5 – 11/2.
3. Absentee voting IS NOT PERMITTED on Election Day (11/3/20). A voter must vote at his/her precinct if voting on November 3, 2020.
4. Bamberg County Elections will open a satellite absentee voting office on October 5, 2020, at the Kearse Agricultural Building, 847 Calhoun St, Bamberg. This office will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a. – 1 p.m.
5. To request an absentee application, a voter can go to scvotes.org, however, a completed, signed application must be mailed or hand-delivered to the Bamberg County Voter Registration and Elections Office, PO Box 947, Bamberg, SC 29003. If you are unable to print an application, the office will mail you one (that you must mail or bring back). Call the office at 803-245-3028 to request your absentee application be mailed to you. Requesting an application online is not sufficient to process an absentee voting application; the application MUST BE received in the Bamberg County office. A new application to vote absentee must be made for the General Election, regardless of how a voter placed his/her vote in previous elections.
6. The satellite absentee voting office at 847 Calhoun St, Bamberg, is being opened to accommodate the anticipated high voter turn-out and to ensure social distancing can be practiced.
7. The Voter Registration and Elections Office will be open on Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. for in-person absentee voting.
To request an absentee ballot: https://info.scvotes.sc.gov/eng/voterinquiry/VoterInformationRequest.aspx?PageMode=AbsenteeRequest
Completed, signed ballot MUST BE RETURNED to the county office. A new application must be completed for the November 3, 2020 General Election regardless of how a vote was cast in previous elections.
For more information visit: https://www.scvotes.gov/absentee-voting