Q: Do I have to serve on jury duty?
A: You must serve on jury duty unless: You are over 65 and choose not to serve; you have provided a doctors excuse stating that you have an illness that will have to be addressed by the judge presiding at the term. Under certain circumstances, you may be transferred to another term of court.


Q: How do I get a copy of my court records?
A: You may copy any document that is public record. The cost is $0.50 per page.


Q: I need a record check (criminal, civil or otherwise)?
A: Our office does not provide record checks. We do provide a statement as to anything filed of record at a cost of $5.00. The individual requesting the statement must come in with their ID.


Q: Can I mail my payments in?
A: Credit cards are not accepted, personal checks are fine unless you have had a check returned in the past. You may mail your child support to Family Court, PO Box 150, Bamberg, SC 29003.


Q: Has my child support been paid?
A: We do not answer any child support questions over the phone for security reasons.


Q: What are the various fees charged by your office?

Click here for a schedule of fees.