Bamberg County Detention Center
Joe Glover, Detention Center Director
The Detention Center is a primary resource for the local criminal justice system. It is used to address the need for detention at various points in the criminal justice process. Detention Centers typically serve multiple law enforcement agencies in the community including the local police, sheriff, state police, conservation officers, and federal authorities.
Detention Centers also serve prosecutors, the courts, and probation and parole agencies. The Detention Center serves these entities by holding the individuals taken into custody. The Detention Center responds to many needs in the criminal justice system and serves as an integral role within that system. The needs are dynamic and influenced by the policies, practices, and philosophies of the various users of the Detention Center.
This Office Does:
- Serve as a pillar to the Community.
- Provides a protection to the Community and Society from law offenders.
- Assures the safety of the law offenders from Society.
- Assures the security of the law offenders from Society.
- Offer the same precautions to the Individuals who are risking their lives every day the (Officers).
- Help with efforts to try to Rehabilitate law offenders to become a more productive individual in the community and society through continuing education.
- Work with the families of Bamberg County trying to provide the answers to many questions in dealing with law offenders that may pertain to them or outside agencies.
- Perform the duties that are required by the criminal justice standards to be done.
- Assist other Detention centers, Agencies and Private law firms.
- We house adult male and female offenders only.
This Office Does Not:
- Accept Gratuities.
- Allow the policies and procedures to be violated.
- Conduct in a manner unbecoming of Bamberg County Employees.
Saturday - 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Sunday - 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Saturday - 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Sunday - 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Contact Information: click here